Thursday, January 6, 2011

Waiting for time to pass

Today is day 3 of my week challenge.  I find it interesting that this morning I woke up hungry.  Not starving, but since I usually am not hungry in the morning, I consider this a positive change.
Today I also weighed myself.  Oh lordy.  I have not weighed myself in 4 months.  I am not happy about what I have done to myself.  Yet, there is hope for my future.  Day 3 and the sun is shining and there are beautiful blue skys out my office window.  It might be cold, but it certainly is bright and beautiful.
 Breakfast is a repeat from day 1.  A winner for sure.  I'm generally not a fan of the blueberries raw, but in the oatmeal, there is a certain yumminess to the "pop" of flavor when you bite into one.  I added 10 almonds that I chopped up.  My husband even joined me in the healthy eating and didn't add butter or sugar...he did add milk.  I might try that sometime as I have to get more calcium in my diet.
Speaking of calcium.  I had a 80 calorie yogurt for a morning snack around 10.  I was really hungry so I drank 8 oz of water and ate my yogurt.  Maddie thought she might like some yogurt to.  No WAY!  I'm eating all of it.
A change for lunch.  Mex beans with no fat.  I used 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and cooked onions and mushrooms, added the beans and then portioned out into 3 servings of 110 cal each.  Served with a salad and balsamic dressing.  A nice warm lunch on a cold winter day.

So far, I miss my portion size the most.  With the weights and measures I'm taking, the serving on the beans seems sorta small.  But seriously it filled me up so I can't complain.  Just something to get used to.

I am going to have to do some research.  I never realized how much food had carbohydrate in it.  I knew foods like carrots and peas, but it seems that without eating any bread, I'm getting a ton of carbs.  So far today 42% of my intake is carbs.  Now I'm wondering how many carbs I was eating on a day were I wasn't counting.  Yikes.  Maybe it is better not to go there.

Dinner will be posted when I eat it.  The plan is Tilapia and my leftover Quinoa.


Well, dinner did not include the Tilapia, I went for the shrimp instead.  Warmed up the quinoa a little and mixed with the shrimp.  Very good.
511 calories for dinner

Today for some reason, I have been really hungry.  I did drink more water today and exercises about 1:30.  It is cold today and maybe my body is wanting comfort food as a result.  I am going to get some veggie soup from Erics after agility tonight.  That will end the day nicely.

Total calories for the day, 1230.

No comments:

Post a Comment