Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Making time to eat properly


Today is a busy day.  I'll have to eat lunch for dinner as I'll be mobile.  The plan is for 1356 calories today and trying a new grain "Quinoa" for lunch. 

Breakfast is a poached egg on mini english muffin (100 cal).  1/4 apple to round out the breakfast.  Interestingly enough I am not really hungry for breakfast usually.  I honestly felt like I only wanted to eat a banana, but I would like to balance my meals so I'm not so hungry later in the day.  Once the egg was made, I was very happy with my choice.
Lunch, Tilapia, broccoli, and Quinoa with mushrooms and peppers.  Very filling. 560 calories.

Dinner is tuna sandwich.  So far on track for expected calories.

6:45pm change of plans.  Got back late from the Dr.'s appointment and I was not able to make it to class.  So, looked at my plan and decided to cook instead.  This resulted in I think a more filling dinner with less calories.


 Veggie soup.  All veggie (squash, cauliflower, onion, carrot, etc).  High in carbs, but no fat.
Grilled shrimp on salad greens with tomatoes and onion. 

Final for the day: 1271 calories instead of 1356.  Less carbs then planned and more veggies than plan...all a good thing.

Tomorrow I'm planning oatmeal fro breakfast again, and I've got to finish up the Quinoa so that will be dinner.  Lunch?  maybe tuna, crackers and a nice juicy orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment